About to leave the salon...
Powder Shampoo - the Solution to Mom Hair
No TIME or no ENERGY to shower inevitably will result in MOM HAIR... Bring on the powder shampoo!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read our full disclosure policy.
Wishing for Clean Hair, But No Time to Shower?
Don't you love the feeling of that “just washed and hi-lighted” hair when you’re about to leave the salon… .Well, momma, I can’t help you with the highlights, but I can give you one of my go-to tips for fresh smelling hair.
My Favorite Powder Shampoo
- I’ve been using Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo for several years and here’s why:
- This dry shampoo absorbs excess oil and gives lots of volume and texture to the hair, so it’s easy to pull it up into the perfect messy bun.
- Besides the regular size, it's also available in a small travel size, so it’s perfect for travel or for your gym bag.
- This powder shampoo comes in an aerosol spray can so its easy to apply.
- It absorbs well into the scalp, never leaving a white residue.
- It has a very strong, pleasant fragrance.
My Favorite Thing is the Strong Scent
Whether or not you like a strong fragrance is personal preference – several reviewers stated that they didn’t like it because the scent was too strong.
Personally, I like it a lot. Because, if my hair is dirty enough for me to need dry shampoo, then I need all the fragrance I can get until I can actually take a shower.
When I don’t have the time to shower and wash my hair, I use Living Proof Dry Shampoo, and I love it! After I use this, my hair smells clean and fresh.
Additional Benefits of Dry Shampoo
Hold Your 'Do Better
As crazy as this will sound, dry shampoo is also great to use if you want to “dirty - up” your hair so it can hold a style better. For instance, if you’re planning on wearing your hair up, applying dry shampoo will add lots of texture to your hair which will help it hold the style.
Keep Your Hair Healthier and Free From Damage
If you don’t have time to wash your hair, don’t sweat it. In fact, by not shampooing your hair every day, you're actually protecting your hair from drying out.
Dry Shampoo - A Hair Care Staple
I always have a bottle of Living Proof Dry Shampoo in my bathroom drawer. It's my go-to product about once a week, in between washings when I just don't have the time (or energy) to deal with my hair.
I also keep one of the small bottles on hand for travel. It's the perfect size.
If you haven't tried dry shampoo, I definitely recommend it. This one will keep your hair smelling fresh until you can jump in the shower.